The programme is not open for the admission procedure in 2023.
Conditions for Admission
- Master’s degree in Law or some other similar Master’s degree;
- professional publications, or other professional activities (lectures, projects) in the relevant field or in a related field, or such activities that attest the candidate’s interest in the field;
- the applicant’s potential for independent scholarly work in the relevant field;
- proficiency in the English language at C1 level.
- The entrance examination shall consist of two parts and takes place in front of the Entrance Examination Committee, consisting of at least three members appointed by the Dean of the Faculty, on a recommendation by the Board of Doctoral Studies. The first part of the entrance exam is written, the second one is oral.
First (written) part
- During the first part of the entrance examination, the Entrance Examination Committee shall assess, at a non-public meeting, the quality of the PhD project (score: 0 - 15 points).
- Any applicant whose PhD project is awarded no less than 10 points according to the specification in Sub-section 2 hereof shall proceed to the oral part of the examination. Any result of fewer than 10 points is classified as a “fail” and results in the termination of the entrance proceedings.
Second (oral) part
- The oral part of the entrance examination shall take place on a single day in June 2022. The applicant shall be informed of the date via e-mail 7 days prior to the date. The Entrance Examination Committee may decide that the examination takes place via videoconference.
- In the oral part, the Entrance Examination Committee shall assess the following:
- a) the applicant’s understanding of the chosen field of study (score: 0 - 15 points),
- b) the applicant’s relevant professional publications or similar professional work (score: 0 - 5 points),
- c) the applicant’s language proficiency (score: 0 - 5 points).
- In order to obtain the result of “pass”, the applicant has to gain at least 10 points in the PhD project assessment as specified in Sub-section 2 and, at the same time, at least 1 point in each of the criteria specified above
- Should the condition specified be met by more applicants than the opened positions, then the Entrance Examination Committee shall recommend to the Dean to admit the applicants in the order according to the number of points obtained.